Glitch poem inspired by Haitian proverb:
"Great Gods cannot ride little horses"
With glitch art, "digital wabi sabi", I explore the boundary between representation and abstraction. World of wild animal serves only as a point of departure, a pretext to shape inner motion, forces, energy, vision and mystery.The resulting composition remain suspended between representation and abstraction, between depth of the nature and the surface of the screen.Reduced mass of pixels reminds us what lies beneath the surface, beyond the screen. Screen is a laboratory of the Eye. Pixel is a new Clay.
Janja Rakuš (Slovenia) is an independent filmmmaker,visual artist and writer.
She finished MD of Performing arts at Dasarts in Amsterdam and is author of four novels. She participated on many performing festivals, exhibitions and conferences.
- Poem for Loa; 5min; 2017
- Paesaggio in 9 strokes / dedicated to Cy Twombly; 14min; 2017
- Alchemy on the Amstel ( I-III ); 53min; 2016; Official Selection Shortcutz Amsterdam, Official Selection Shortcutz Porto; Official Selection International Film Event Station 2 Station, Warsaw,Poland
- Castles of Wasteland; 7min 26sec; 2014; Official Selection AVIFF Cannes
- The Sower; 9min; 2012 /13
- Dawn of Time; 14min 50sec; 2012 /13
- Lust Bath; 7min 20sec; 2012 /13
- Google Eyes; 12min 30sec; 2012 /13
- Ecstasy of Death 7.0; 20min; 2012; Official Selection Undergrounf Film Festival Philadelphia